Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Peanut Tracker: 3 Week Update- Hot & Cold & In Between

4 weeks old!
3 weeks have flown by and I can't believe my little peanut is already 4 weeks old! I cherish every moment I get to spend with her. Even those moments I want to pull my hair out. And there have been several of those moments this past week!

The week was a week of trial and error! Charlee started having fussy nights and Eric and I were left to try to figure out what was causing her discomfort. On Monday she would cry herself to sleep, sleep for an hour, then wake herself up again. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. She kept trying to nurse, so I followed her lead and let her nurse when she wanted. After hours of cluster feeding, rocking her, walking around with her, and bicycling her legs and massaging her tummy for gas, I felt like I was losing it by 9pm. Eric suggested trying gripe water in case it was gas. It was a liquid miracle! After another 30 minutes or so she settled down and didn't give me too many problems the rest of the night.

Loving music and lights on swing
She fussed again all day and night Tuesday, but nothing seemed to help her except holding her and rocking her in the recliner. If I put her down or stopped rocking, she screamed. So, Eric went out and bought her a cradle swing. That was truly a miracle! I put her in the swing  and she slept for almost 4 hours straight!

Bonding with daddy
By Thursday night I was exhausted from keeping up with her all week, so Eric and I decided to try giving her a bottle for the first time. I went to bed and had to fight the urge to come out of the bedroom when she woke up crying and hungry. However, Eric gave her the bottle without a problem. Then he took her for a car ride and she slept for 5 hours! Luckily she didn't have any trouble with nursing after the bottle, so we did that again Friday and Saturday nights so I could get some rest.



She would only sleep in my arms
Eric and I came down with a pretty nasty cold over the weekend. On top of a fussy baby and not being able to sleep more than 2-3 hours at a time (despite the fact that my baby was sleeping 4-5), I was burning a fever and feeling miserable. Thankfully Eric was willing to help out so I got some rest and am now feeling much better.

First time in her crib!
We also had two other firsts this week. We gave Charlee her first bath in the bathroom (in her baby tub, of course). She handled this weeks bath much better than previous baths. But she still cried until it was time to rub lotion on her! I also brought her upstairs to her nursery for the first time. She wasn't feeling very well at the time and after 5 minutes in her crib, she was screaming. I tried rocking her in the rocking chair, but she wasn't having that either. So, I brought her downstairs and will have to try again after the holiday.

Evil look and middle finger?! Lol
Her 'I am not amused' face
She is getting better at tummy time every day and her head control is ridiculously good. She has been able to lift her head up since the day she was born, but now she lifts it during tummy time and rarely puts it down. She holds it up when she's nursing and looks around all the time. She's also making strong efforts to roll over during tummy time. She definitely has a while until she will be able to do it, but it's cute to watch her try!

No comments:

Post a Comment