Sunday, September 9, 2012

Peanut Report: Week 32 Update- Productive Procrastination



Only 50 days until Charlee is expected to meet the world! 
 
I always thought that at this point in my pregnancy I would be glowing and energetic. I was so very, very wrong. I am exhausted all of the time. I'm sure it's partly due to the increasing pelvic pressure, constant back aches, aching hips, and subsequent insomnia. However, it's causing me to procrastinate a lot more than ever before. I have so much to do and just can't find the energy to do any of it. Hopefully I will find a way to get it all done an itty bitty bit at a time. 

Some exciting things have happened this week. On Wednesday we had our 32 week appointment. I hadn't felt the peanut kick since before I went to bed the night before, so they hooked me up to the fetal monitor. Eric had to help hold it because Charlee was hiding low and back, which is why I couldn't feel her. The nurse put a little vibrating buzzer on my belly for just a moment and that kicked Charlee into high gear. After 20 minutes of being abused the doctor came in to say that the baby is healthy with a strong heartbeat, my blood pressure and weight gain are right on track, and to keep doing what I'm doing. That was such a relief!

3D/4D ultrasound
On Thursday we had a 3D/4D ultrasound and it was amazing! I got to drink a coffee (the first one I've had since March) and we got to see the peanut! The tech had a difficult time finding her because she was nuzzled up between the placenta and the uterine wall. So much that her nose was all squished the whole time! However, I finally got a glimpse of what she looks like and I am so in love with her already! I think her face looks like mine but she has her daddy's eye line area. We don't know what her nose or ears look like yet, so that will be a fun surprise! She already has big, chubby cheeks and a head full of hair. She gets those from her daddy! Now I am even more excited to meet her!

Daddy skillz
I have also done some work on the nursery this week. Eric put the pack-n-play together downstairs and I filled it with changing supplies. I also put the filled diaper bag and Boppy in it so they are convenient for an unexpected trip to the hospital. The only thing the bag is missing is her take home outfit (which we have yet to find). I also got some bins that match the bins we have on the changing table for the tv console we decided to use in the nursery for extra storage. I also put out the lamp and a new clock on the end table we got for the rocker. The room is really starting to come together! I finally bought the letters for her name above her crib and have been painting them all weekend. Each letter takes several coats, so it's taking longer than I hoped. But, it will be worth it once they are on the wall!


Now that Charlee is almost here people keep asking me if I'm ready. I want to meet her, to hold her, to take care of her. But I don't know if anyone is every really ready to become a parent. There's no way to know what it will be like until it happens. But in all honesty, I'm more scared of delivery then of parenting. I keep having nightmares that I die in labor or during a C-section. I know it's just anxiety, but they aren't helping the situation! Hopefully they will stop soon!

32 weeks 6 days
In peanut related news, this week she will grow to about 17 inches long and about 4.25 lbs. That's about the size of a pineapple! She will continue to gain about a half a pound each week over the next four weeks, then she will slow down before delivery. Her skeleton is hardening and she is beginning to store iron in her liver to prepare for her debut. 

Current cravings: strawberries, chocolate, peanut butter, ice cream, beef

Current aversions: uncooked tomatoes, mushroom, and onions

No comments:

Post a Comment