Sunday, September 30, 2012

Peanut Tracker: Week 35 Update- It's the Final Countdown!!!

It's finally here! The last 30 days of my pregnancy...well, 29 to the due date anyway. Next Sunday Charlee will officially be considered full term. And I have never been happier!

The best way to explain it was said by a friend yesterday: "I would keep getting pregnant and having babies if pregnancy didn't last so long." Being pregnant is wonderful and joyous, but it is also exhausting and painful. 40 weeks is a long time, believe me! It seems especially long now that we are on the final leg of the journey. Each day crawls as we wait with anticipation and my symptoms are getting worse. My hormones are completely out of control. I cry over everything, I snap at little things, and I get annoyed over almost anything. Let me just take this opportunity to apologize to anyone who has been on the receiving end of those emotions. Especially Eric. He is one super trooper!

I am sleeping less than ever before because I just can't seem to get comfortable. My back and hips ache all the time and my shoulders hurt from sleeping on my side. I wake up every 60-90 minutes for bathroom breaks. I try to nap during the day, but it still isn't enough. People keep telling me to get lots of sleep while I can. Well, I would LOVE to sleep 9 hours a night and take 2 hour naps every day without waking up, but it just isn't possible. I guess it's just time to realize that it will probably be years before I have another normal nights sleep...

I also have an interesting new symptom: dark armpits. It's weird, I know. I wasn't even aware of it until Eric pointed it out (and I cried because he pointed it out). Turns out that it is actually a normal symptom of pregnancy (thanks to hormones) and it should go away within a few months of delivering the baby. Which is good, because I don't like looking like I don't shave my armpits! Between that, constantly scratching my belly, popping Tums like they're candy, and my super waddle (the pressure is continuing to increase), I must be one sexy sight!

With the due date quickly approaching, Eric and I have made sure to be very productive! Sunday night I completed my labor music play list and I really hope it helps me relax! On Monday morning I completed our hospital pre-registration so that if we have to run to the hospital all of the paperwork is completed in advance. That evening we had our Newborn Awareness and Safety class. It was taught by the same crazy hippie lady who taught our previous class. She told so many stories that had nothing to do with the class that I feel a little cheated. But they covered a few things that will come in handy once Charlee comes home.

Tuesday morning Eric installed the car seat into my car. It was such a nice surprise to wake up and find out it was in there. I tried to have it inspected that afternoon, but the firemen were on a call and didn't come back for quite a while. Eric installed the base into his car today, so hopefully we can get them both inspected this week. On Wednesday Charlee's take home outfit came in the mail! It's so cute. We still need a little sweater to go with it, but luckily we already had tights, socks, mittens, and a hat for her! We also had another scare on Wednesday morning. I hadn't felt the peanut move since sometime around 10pm Tuesday night. So, after drinking cold water and trying to eat some ice cream to get her moving, I called our OB to get in for some monitoring. The nurse immediately made room for us and we were in the office within 30 minutes. And, in true Charlee fashion, she started kicking around as soon as they hooked me up to the monitor! Of course, she stopped again as soon as we left the office, but she has been doing fine since. She has a strong heartbeat, is measuring accurately, and my blood pressure is perfect, and my weight gain is on track.
Eric's fancy new truck

Friday I got my robe for the hospital in the mail, so I washed it and put it in my to go bag. Eric finally packed his and, minus a couple minor items, we are ready to go if necessary! I kept harassing Eric about getting the nursery finished, so we said we would finish it on Saturday. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. However, Eric did get a fancy new truck! I am so happy for him because he's been wanting a truck for a long time. I am also happy for me because it is much more practical and easier to get in and out of with a baby than a Cobalt!

The tutu and headpiece
I spent yesterday afternoon at Malory's baby shower. Her sister-in-law hosted it with a Halloween theme and it was adorable! She really paid attention to detail from dry ice to make the punch smoke, to making a "spider web" on the dip with sour cream, to little "blood drops" on the cupcakes. Malory and I were able to drink "Fo-mosa's" (non-alcoholic champagne and orange juice), which was a nice treat. Part of her gift was a tutu that I made along with a matching headpiece. I was so happy to be able to make it and can't wait to make more! After I got home and watched the Noles win another game, Eric and I went to find dinner. Every restaurant was packed, which was strange for after 9pm. We settled on Outback because everywhere else had a really long wait. Not long after we were seated a kid at the neighboring table puked all over the floor. I immediately turned green. So Eric and I went to the hostess station to ask for another table. The hostess looked at me and said "I don't know where to sit you because, no offense, I don't want your cute bump to be squished by the table!" The crazy part was that I wasn't offended, I was thankful she was so considerate! How things change in just a few weeks...

The only other news this week is that my mother's mother (Grammie) had a stroke. We were really worried about her, but she seems to be recovering ok. Hopefully she continues to recover and won't put up too much of a fight when it's time to go home. My father's father (Pepere) has also given us a scare. He was having some lung issues earlier this week and I just found out he is in the hospital with possible congestive heart failure. I really hope he comes through ok. It would mean so much if you could keep them in your thoughts and prayers!

35 weeks 6 days
Now that I've written a novel, it's time for the peanut related news! This week she will grow to approximately 5.75-6.5 lbs and about 18.75 inches long, or about the size of a crenshaw melon. She is still gaining weight and getting chubbier. She is also still practicing swallowing and digesting with amniotic fluid so she is ready for her first feeding. At this point she should be head down. We should find out her position during our appointment next week!

Current cravings: chocolate, ice cream, cinnamon, beef

Current aversions: raw tomatoes, onions

No comments:

Post a Comment