Sunday, September 16, 2012

Peanut Tracker: Week 33 Update- Crafting, Shopping, and Celebrating

Since this week's post is a day late, there are only 42 days to go until Charlee's due date! I can't believe in about 6 weeks she will be here. If I go into labor now, the doctors will just let things progress. So strange. So exciting!

Closet dividers
This week I enjoyed some pretty girly activities. After I finished painting Charlee's letters last weekend, I decided to make some closet dividers to make closet organization easier. I cut up some scrap cardboard, painted, and voila! We have store-like closet dividers so I don't have to keep checking tags and hangers for the size of the peanut's adorable outfits once she is here! I also did some research and found out how to make the cutest tutu's and can't wait to buy the supplies and make one!

Maternity photo shoot
Earlier in the week we also received word that the rest of our maternity photos were finished and we could pic them up. So Eric and I went to the Air Force base to get them. Some of the pictures weren't that great, but we did get a few more good ones. Now I am even more excited to have the newborn session once Charlee is here!

On Tuesday I went to Publix and finally got my flu shot. My doctor recommended getting one and since Eric hadn't been feeling well, I was extra motivated to finally go get one. The following day I felt like I had been hit by a bus, but other than that, no negative side effects. I also went to the Medicaid office this week. Since I haven't been getting paid since May and won't be receiving my disability pay until I deliver (because HR wants to make my life difficult), I decided that having Medicaid pay for the difference after my insurance was the best option. It took me all day because I had to go to the office, get paperwork started, then go back for an interview in the afternoon. I did have to wait for 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment, but the whole process was relatively painless. The only part I'm worried about now is the pain in processing paperwork for the remaining balances after my insurance!

Charlee's Christmas dress
Wednesday night was a time I had been looking forward to since June. It was the annual consignment sale in Mount Pleasant. Once a year all of the local consignment retailers bring their baby clothes, toys, games, and other baby items and sell them in a massive consignment sale at the Mount Pleasant convention center. I went to have dinner with Malory and Brian, then the three of us headed to the sale. Inside was pure chaos! There were hundreds of women and men hunting racks, fighting over table items, and dragging laundry baskets they were using as shopping carts behind them. It was hot, crowded, loud, and there was nowhere to sit or get something to drink. Not the best place for women who were 8 months pregnant. I really wanted to look through the clothes, but the racks were about 20 inches apart and it was a tight squeeze for me, my belly, and the other women who were trying to shove past me. There was a time when a glass of wine or two would've made me feel more comfortable in that situation. Unfortunately, I can't cope with the anxiety that way in my current state! I did find a couple outfits (including Charlee's Christmas dress) and a few toys. Mal and Brian made out like bandits finding a stroller, embroidered diaper bag, wipe warmer, and books. We did have to stand in line for an hour and a half and I was ready to collapse when I got home. Maybe next year when I'm not pregnant and better prepared it will be a better experience.

Saturday morning Eric's cousin met up with us for our trip to his home town. We got some lunch and hit the road, dropping her off on the way to Eric's parents house. We sat around and caught up for a little while before Eric had to pick up his brother and go to the USC vs UAB game. I bought the tickets for Eric and I before I knew I would be 8 months pregnant at this point. Since I knew I would be miserable at the game, he took his brother for some much needed "guy time". That night I went with my future mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law and Kathleen to a candle party at my future sister-in-law's house. I got to play with my future niece and meet and catch up with some women I rarely get to see. After the party we got some groceries, went home and ate a pizza, and hung out until Eric came home. All-in-all, it was a pretty good day.

Diaper wreath
Yesterday was a wonderful day! It was Eric's mom's birthday, so we had a delicious lunch and a cake to celebrate with her at home. That afternoon was our baby shower. Charlee is already so spoiled and loved. She received some great gifts that will definitely come in handy! We were treated to an ice cream sundae bar (the perfect shower food for this pregnant lady) and had a great time catching up. I was able to play with my future niece a little more. I was sad to say goodbye to everyone, but the weekend really did me in and I was exhausted. We didn't get home until close to 10 last night. That was definitely the last trip I will be taking before Charlee joins the world!

Opening gifts
In peanut related news, she is growing beautifully! This week she will grow to about 17.75 inches and approximately 4.75 lbs (or about the size of a cantaloupe). Her vernix (the waxy coating that protects her skin) is becoming thicker and her lanugo (the tiny hairs all over her skin) may be completely gone at this point. Her lungs will continue to practice how to breath and as she gets fatter, her skin is smoothing out. This week is also when many babies move from the breech position into the head-down position.
33 weeks 5 days

Current cravings: chocolate, ice cream, peanut butter, beef

Current aversions: uncooked tomatoes, onions

No comments:

Post a Comment