Sunday, September 2, 2012

Peanut Tracker: Week 31 Update- I Don't Think You're Ready For This Belly...

Another week has flown by and only 8 weeks (57 days) remain! Although I am getting more uncomfortable and excited to meet the peanut, I am really hoping she sticks to the plan and doesn't surprise us with an early arrival. I need every second I can get to prepare for her to change my whole life!

This past week was a great week for getting back to feeling like "me" again. Eric surprised me with a gift certificate for a full body prenatal massage. Within minutes I called and scheduled an appointment to cash in! The massage was simply amazing. My back, neck, and shoulders didn't hurt, my arms and legs weren't cramping, and I could walk without pain. My masseuse is a miracle worker! Eric also surprised me with a new pregnancy pillow because the one I had been using has become a deflated mess. With the massage and pillow combined I have finally been sleeping like I did in my first trimester.


The most exciting thing that happened this week was that we had our maternity photo shoot yesterday. It was so much fun! I spent most of the day getting my hair, nails, and makeup done before Eric and I hit the road to meet the photographer at the Old Naval Yard. Our appointment was at 6pm and when she didn't show up until after 6:30 I was frustrated, hot, and upset that my hair was losing its style. However, we made the best of it and got some cool shots. The photographer already sent a preview of a handful of pictures and said we will have the others available when we get our disc. She is also doing Charlee's newborn pictures and I am getting excited to take those too! After the photo shoot Eric took me downtown for a nice meal at Lana's to finally celebrate our engagement. It was a wonderful day!

This week hasn't brought a whole lot of change. I am more prone to swelling in my feet and hands if I go into the heat and I have still been experiencing lots of pressure. My belly is also popping out waaaaay more than it has been. There's no disputing there's a baby in there anymore! Next week we have our 32 week appointment and the 3D/4D ultrasound. I am so excited to see what the peanut looks like!!!

31 weeks 5 days
Over the next week the peanut will continue to pack on the fat and soon she will start developing soft and smooth skin. She also has finger nails, toe nails, and hair! She will grow to about 3.75 lbs and 16.7 inches (or the size of a large jicama).

Current cravings: chocolate, peanut butter, cinnamon, beef
Current aversions: uncooked tomatoes and onions

No comments:

Post a Comment