Sunday, August 26, 2012

Peanut Tracker- Week 30 Update: Tired. Just Tired.

The days seem to be passing more and more quickly, which means the peanut will be here before we know it! 64 days if she sticks to the plan. However, as time is beginning to fly, we have more and more to do...just as this pregnancy is starting to make me exhausted! I wonder if I will ever again sleep the way I did pre-pregnancy...

I'm sure that the exhaustion I've been experiencing this week is connected to the newest symptoms I can add to the list. When I go to bed my legs start cramping and the discomfort causes me to wake up throughout the night. My heartburn is twice as bad at night as it has been, and my hips and knees ache. My body pillow helps a little, but I will be so happy when sleeping doesn't feel like this anymore!

The most uncomfortable symptom that I've developed so far: pelvic pressure. Charlee is sitting much lower than she has been and between that and my body getting ready to evict her in about 9 weeks, it's beginning to feel like a pro soccer player kicked me where it counts. My OB doesn't seem concerned about it and said they will check to see if I've dilated at all during my next visit. He did suggest I get used to it because the pressure is only going to get worse. I mostly notice it when I've been standing/walking/sitting for too long, so I've been trying to remind myself to move around more.

I had my 30 week appointment on Monday and everything went well. My blood pressure is low, the peanut's heartbeat is very strong, my weight gain is ideal, and she is measuring right where she should be. Hopefully the rest of our appointments go as smoothly!

We scheduled our 3D/4D ultrasound for next week. I am so excited and cannot wait to see what she looks like! The last time we saw her like that was at 17 weeks. I will make sure to post pics so everyone can see our little princess. We also found the block letters for our maternity photo shoot this coming Saturday. I've been looking everywhere and we finally thought to look at Walmart. I am also very, very excited to get those pictures taken.

Diaper cake motorcycle
Blanket I crocheted
In other news, today was my BFF's baby shower! I worked all week to finish crocheting a blanket for her daughter. I also made a motorcycle diaper cake, watermelon bassinet, and a couple other appetizers for the shower. I ran around all morning picking up the cake, balloons, autograph matting, and helping Jenn put everything together at her place, but it was worth it! I'm so glad her shower was a success!

Watermelon bassinet
In peanut related news, this week she will grow to 16.25 inches (about the size of four naval oranges) and about 3.3 lbs. She is due for a growth spurt, so she could grow even more! She will be able to move her head from side to side and her pupils can dilate and react to light. Her skin is also starting to turn more pink and less red while she continues to pack on the body fat. That means she should be really cute for our ultrasound on September 6!

30 weeks 5 days



Current cravings: ice cream, chocolate, oranges, beef

Current aversions: uncooked onions & tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment