Thursday, August 2, 2012

25 Reasons Why I'm Looking Forward To Becoming A Mom

I know that a lot of my entries have been whiney lately, but it's honestly how I've felt. My body is no longer my own and every decision I make has become about this little critter inside of me. It's hard to go from complete and utter selfishness to being completely unselfish. But, I'm working on it!

However, there are a lot of positive things that I'm looking forward to once this bun is done baking. Here's a list of only 25 of those reasons:

1. Seeing my daughter for the first time.
2. Protecting her and helping her grow
3. First smiles
4. First crawl
5. First words
6. First steps
7. Good night stories
8. Playing with her
9. Watching Eric play with her
10. Becoming a family
11. Seeing the world through a child's eyes
12. Teaching her lessons about life
13. Baking with her like how my mom baked with me (I stirred and got to lick the spoon)
14. Dance recitals/soccer games/concerts (or whatever else she finds interest in)
15. Hugs and kisses
16. Having someone to pass on family heirlooms and traditions
17. Having a shopping buddy
18. Family vacations
19. Embarrassing the heck out of her during her teenage years
20. Watching Eric get nervous when she has her first date
21. Proms
22. Graduations
23. Becoming friends once she is older
24. Her wedding day
25. The day I can watch her become a mother too.

2 comments:

  1. 20, 21, 24, and 25 are on my list of things to dread until she's at least 26

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I hope for her sake that she has her first date and her prom before she's 26...But the rest can wait. :)

    ReplyDelete