Sunday, August 5, 2012

Peanut Tracker: Week 27 Update- Walking With A Waddle

Tomorrow it will finally be here: my third trimester! 85 days to go!!!

Time is flying by and crawling at the exact same time. I'm starting to feel the need to finish the nursery and get the house ready. Yes, I'm starting to nest. I guess it's a good thing because I have suddenly gotten a lot more organized with what we have left to do. I made several lists to easily check off the remaining items and tasks we have to do before Charlee makes her grand entrance. I have a list of things to do (like register for safety and breastfeeding classes, install car seat and have it inspected, make casseroles to freeze, etc), things we still need to buy (breast pump, bottles, and everything else on our registries), and things we need in our hospital bags (yup, I already have those lists created).

Eric and I did some work on the nursery this weekend. We went to Babies 'R Us and Target to pickup a few things for the nursery and to take advantage of some coupons I had. While we were walking around he pointed out that I am walking with a waddle. Great...We finished the changing table and now we just need some more storage bins for the other table, pictures for the walls, rug for the floor, and curtains to put up. We also want an end table for the rocker to put the adorable lamp we just bought and a clock for those late night feedings. Things are finally starting to come together, but I wish everything could be ready now. That must be my nesting instinct taking over again...

Changing table
Rocker
Crib
TV stand we're using as shelving
Cute lamp we just ordered
Book ends I ordered
Rug I want to order
Tomorrow I have my glucose test. It was supposed to be last week but I rescheduled because I had a terrible cold. Being sick and pregnant is miserable and I hope (knock on wood) that I will be cold/flu free until long after I deliver. I am scared of the test and am really nervous that they are going to tell me I have gestational diabetes. I don't have any symptoms, but I know a couple people who didn't have symptoms and they ended up on insulin! I don't like needles and know it won't be easy giving myself a shot everyday if I have to. Also, I will really miss pizza, pasta, and cake...

On another note, I have lost track of this pregnancy. I have been asked twice this week how far along I am and both times I didn't know the answer. Eric knows and I don't! Thank goodness for my phone app or I would never be able to keep track!

27 weeks 6 days
In peanut related news, she is growing quickly now! This coming week she will grow to 14.8 inches (the size of a chinese cabbage or eggplant) and about 2.25 lbs! She has a more developed brain with grooves on the surface. She is developing a more regular sleep schedule and her clitoris is developing. I will soon be switching to appointments every other week instead of every 4-6 weeks (not that I ever made it that long) and in the next four weeks or so we will know how she is positioned!

Current cravings: ice cream, chocolate, pasta

Current aversions: uncooked tomatoes and onions


No comments:

Post a Comment