Sunday, August 19, 2012

Peanut Tracker: Week 29 Update - Sleepy, Sneezy,Grumpy, and Clumsy

Time is flying by and there are only 10 weeks left in this pregnancy (if Charlee sticks to the plan). 71 days and (quickly) counting down!!!

They have nothing on me!
I seem to keep noticing more and more symptoms. I am getting tired even more easily than before and get really cranky if I don't get a nap. I think it's because sleeping at night is getting more difficult. I wake up to pee every couple hours, my knees and hips hurt, and my legs keep cramping up. And heartburn is now a nightly experience. Also, I have been experiencing Braxton Hicks this past week and it is not the best feeling in the world. Honestly, they make me a little more scared of actual contractions! Unfortunately there isn't anything I can do about it. 

My "fun" new symptom: clumsiness. I'm not going to claim that I was the most coordinated person before I got pregnant, but this is completely different. This past week I broke 2 bowls, an unopened bottle of Worcestershire, and a Pyrex container. When I broke the container I cried. Not because I broke the container, but because I am so frustrated with myself. Today I almost dropped a to-go box of food in the car for no reason. My hand just let go. I didn't even realize I was doing it! After doing some research I feel a little better about it because apparently it's normal to lose your center of gravity at this point in the pregnancy.  My ligaments are also looser and it causes my joints to be more relaxed, which also causes coordination problems. 

So, I've been feeling fat, bloated, clumsy, congested, and cranky most of this week. However, I found this video on YouTube and watching it makes me laugh so hard that I actually feel a little better. The best way to understand the third trimester is to listen to the lyrics. Also, a huge kudos to the girl in the video for being able to dance like that while she's 34 weeks pregnant!


Our family
There have been several good things that happened this week. Eric sold his house in Williston, which is a huge relief! I also scheduled our childbirth, newborn care, and breastfeeding classes. We will be very busy next month! The only thing I have left to schedule is our 3D ultrasound!!! And tomorrow I start my bi-monthly doctors appointments. I'm a little scared I gained more than the recommended 1-2 lbs/week since my last appointment, but it is what it is. At least I can tell the doctor I've been exercising, getting more sun, and taking my Vitamin D supplements since our last appointment! 

Kirk, me, and mom
The best part of this week was that my mom and stepdad were able to come visit! It was a very short visit, but I was so happy they came. They arrived Friday afternoon and we hung out and went to an early dinner. After dinner we came home and had a little birthday celebration for both of them. Kirk's birthday was last month, and my mom's is next week, so we had cake, pie, and gifts. Yesterday we went to breakfast and got some blanket making supplies so my mom could show me a new crocheting pattern. After we cooked dinner at home mom felt Charlee kick, and then we played Canasta until way past my bed time. They left today after breakfast and I miss them both already. Next time I see them, I will be a mom!

29 weeks 6 days
In peanut new, she is getting much stronger and more active! As she experiences growth spurts over the next few weeks she will be more prone to hiccups. She will be shedding her lanugo (the fine hair that covers her body) because she will be able to regulate her own body temperature. This week she will grow to about 15.7 inches (about the size of a cabbage) and 2.75 lbs. With the peanut quickly growing, it's common for the mommies to experience more mood swings, anxiety, and be more emotional. So, everyone, you have been warned! 

Current cravings: Oranges, chocolate, ice cream sandwiches, beef
Current aversions: uncooked tomatoes & onions












No comments:

Post a Comment