Sunday, July 29, 2012

Peanut Tracker: Week 26 Update- Validation & Viruses

Even though I feel like I've been pregnant forever, I am still surprised that there is only one more week until my third trimester! Charlee will be making her debut before we know it and I can't wait!!!

Organs look great!
It's definitely a girl!!!
Kickboxer
Things aren't very exciting in this part of the pregnancy. However, we did have another ultrasound this week to check if the choroid plexus cyst was gone. Eric and I were so nervous the night before that we didn't sleep very well. I was sick in the morning and by the time we made it to the appointment I was uncomfortable, cranky, and scared out of my mind. Luckily the cyst was gone and there are no other indicators of Downs or Trisomy 18! Hearing that was music to my ears. The ultrasound technician also confidently verified that Charlee is, indeed, a little girl! Which is wonderful news because Eric and I did not want to have to exchange everything!

The only other news is that I have learned how difficult being sick while pregnant really is this week. Eric caught some sort of virus and wasn't feeling well most of the week. I thought I had managed to avoid it but started coughing and feeling weak on Friday. Today I am basically useless and have laid on the couch watching the Olympics while eating chicken noodle soup and drinking Gatorade (that my wonderful fiance picked up for me). All I really want is to take Nyquil and pass out, but I can't. After excessive research via the FDA website and my OB's approved list, I have settled on Robitussin. But I'm still paranoid and only take 2 tsp before going to bed at night. 

The peanut is getting stronger and has no problem showing off her boxing skills. Today it felt like she was using my uterus as a speed bag! This week she will grow to about 14.5 inches (or the size of a whole cauliflower) and about 2 lbs! She is working on making her immune system stronger and practicing her breathing skills by breathing amniotic fluid. 

Current cravings: chicken sandwiches, beef, chocolate

26 weeks 6 days

Current aversions: uncooked tomatoes and onions

No comments:

Post a Comment