Sunday, July 8, 2012

Peanut Tracker: Week 23 Update- Feeling Fat and Forgetful!

Alright, let me just apologize now. I accidentally deleted the "What's In A Name" post where I announced the peanut's name and posted pictures of Eric putting together the nursery. SO, that means I have to touch on all of that again (otherwise it will be forgotten forever). I blame my pregnancy brain because I don't have any idea of what I'm doing anymore!

So, the first big announcement is that we have chosen the peanut's name:

                                                    CHARLEE JORDAN WIDENER


He's such a good daddy!
Eric picked Charlee (like Charlie) and it was the only name we really agreed on. Plus, I kept having dreams that Charlee was her name and I kept singing "Cheer Up Charlie" from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I think it was a sign. Jordan is after my older brother who passed away in 2009 and was the only request I made when we first found out we were pregnant. Jordan would be the middle name whether it was a boy or girl.

This week also marked the week we started putting together the nursery furniture. And by we I mean Eric put the crib and changing table together while I took pictures and held up random pieces when he needed me. I absolutely love the furniture and am so thankful that Granny and Papa (Eric's parents) gifted them to us!

The finished crib!
The other big news this week? Eric felt Charlee move! It was amazing and I am so glad he was the first person to feel her kick. I have also started seeing her move, which is beyond strange. So now we have to play the waiting game for the day that Eric sees her kick!

In other news, I've been really, really tired lately. I sleep 8-9 hours every night, then take a 1-2 hour nap every afternoon and I'm still fighting fatigue before I go back to bed. All the books I've read say that the first trimester is the most exhausting, but that was nothing compared to the past few weeks! If I don't sleep I get headaches, strong cravings, and moodiness. I really hope this passes soon!

This about sums it up...
If I'm not feeling tired, I'm feeling fat or forgetful. I'm not necessarily swollen, but my fingers get a little puffy when I wake up and my feet swell if I'm outside in the heat for too long. I look in the mirror or at pictures and feel like a beached whale. I feel like I've been pregnant forever and I still have 113 days until my due date! My pregnancy brain is getting worse too. I forget everything! What I'm doing, where I'm going, things I am in the middle of doing! I will be ecstatic when this symptom passes!




23 weeks 6 days
This week the peanut will be learning up from down and she is rapidly developing her respiratory system. Her lungs are preparing for breathing by moving amniotic fluid in and out of her lungs. She will grow to about 12.5 inches (or roughly the average size of corn on the cob) and will weigh about 1.25lbs. She's getting so big already!

Current cravings: chocolate (lots and lots of chocolate), Klondike bars, pizza, corn on the cob (I even eat it as a snack sometimes)

Current aversions: uncooked tomatoes and onions

No comments:

Post a Comment