Sunday, July 15, 2012

Peanut Tracker- Week 24 Update: H Is For Hungry

The great news as my second trimester is coming to an end is that I haven't been as sick, so things are relatively quiet. However, there are still a few exciting moments and a few annoyances as well.

The biggest issue I've been having lately: I am always hungry. It's like I'm making up for all the times I was too sick to eat. This, coupled with my cravings for sweets and pasta, makes it really difficult to stay on a healthy eating schedule to avoid gestational diabetes and keep this baby healthy. Whenever I sit down to eat the fruits and veggies I bought to snack on I turn into a really mean Cookie Monster (see picture). All I want to eat is chocolate, ice cream, cookies, and pizza. I have to battle my cravings every time I eat and it's getting really annoying. All of those pregnancy books that say cravings fade in the second trimester are lying. Don't believe them!

In other news, I've been pretty active lately. Thursday night Eric and I went on a double date with my best friend and her husband. The guys got to talk about becoming dads and Mal and I were able to swap pregnancy stories and talk about nursery themes. On Friday we went to visit Eric's family. Although I wasn't feeling very well when we left, I recovered quickly and spent time going through my future sister-in-laws maternity clothes and baby stuff that she was getting ready to sell. Then, the guys stayed back and Tasha and I went to a spa party. The party was fun (and relaxing), but the best part was that Eric's mom was finally able to feel Charlee kick! I can't wait until my mom is here Thursday so she can finally feel her! I was even active yesterday when I met up with Mal again to do some shopping, eating, and lounging by the pool.


24 weeks 6 days
In peanut related news, Charlee will finally start to gain some fat this week. She is also growing more hair (which probably means more heartburn for me). She will grow to about 1.5 lbs and 13.5 inches (or the size of a rutabaga). She is getting much, much stronger and is starting to wake me up with kicks and jabs in the middle of the night. On the plus side, I'm starting to recognize her routine, which is that she wakes up every 3-4 hours and she is always awake at 7am and usually at 7pm. I think I will be able to handle that once she is out in the world!


Current cravings: pizza, pasta, chocolate, ice cream
Current aversions: uncooked tomatoes and onions

No comments:

Post a Comment