Sunday, July 1, 2012

Peanut Tracker: Week 22 Update & BIG NEWS!!!

This was literally the best weekend of my life! And that's hard to say after the weekend we found out we were expecting. But here it is:

We're engaged!!! 

Actual proposal
Eric proposed Friday morning at sunrise with a beautiful beach proposal. He had been saying that he wanted to take pictures on the beach while we were camping at Edisto Beach, and since the best light is at sunrise, he woke me up at 5:30am. He said he wanted to walk a little ways because there was a spot ahead where he could put the camera and distracted me with the gorgeous sunrise and sea life. When we were about 10 feet from the writing in the sand, I finally noticed. I read it and I was so surprised. He threw the camera stand down, his parents came out from a hiding spot to take the camera from him, and he lead me to a piece of driftwood he had burned the actual proposal into. He picked up the ring, got down on one knee, fought back some tears while I cried like a baby, and he asked me to marry him! I had to fight to speak and said "Yes, of course!" and he put the ring on my finger. I couldn't have imagined a more amazing proposal and I can't wait to start the next chapters of my life with him. 
Driftwood proposal and ring
It was amazing!

My beautiful ring!
In other news, I have been officially advised to avoid all stressful situations through the end of my pregnancy, including work. It's bitter sweet news because my job is very stressful and frustrating, but I'm worried about being bored on the days when I'm feeling ok. I guess I will have plenty of time to knit the baby blankets I need to finish for my friends baby showers! 

I only had 2 sick days last week and am hoping the trend continues. I think getting out in the sun might be a contributor to why I've been feeling better. It just makes staying hydrated more difficult! The peanut has been kicking up a storm lately but Eric still hasn't felt her. Every time I call him over, she stops, then starts again when he removes his hand. I swear she's doing it on purpose! Maybe this week is the week because she is definitely getting stronger.
22 weeks 6 days
The peanut has been working hard on developing her senses and she will be more proportioned to look like a newborn! She will be around 1.1 lbs and grow to the size of a large mango, or 11.5 inches. Some women start experiencing Braxton Hicks around this point of the pregnancy and I am really hoping I am not one of them!

Current cravings: chocolate, pizza, peanut butter
Current aversions: uncooked tomatoes and onions




STAY TUNED FOR A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT LATER THIS WEEK!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment