Sunday, July 22, 2012

Peanut Tracker: Week 25 Update - Ups and Downs

This has been an emotional week and I have never been so thankful to have so many caring and supportive people around.

On Monday I got the terrible news that my grandfather passed away. I was so sad to hear the news and was also heartbroken to realize that my mother would no longer be able to attend the baby shower she had put so much work into. Luckily I have wonderful friends and soon to be in-laws who stepped up when my mom couldn't be there.

Delicious food!
The baby shower was wonderful! I would like to extend a special thanks to Katie and Karen, Malory, Deb, and Ann for making sure everything went smoothly! Eric helped with picking up decorations and carving the watermelon baby carriage for the fruit and then made a quick getaway with his dad. We had delicious food, a beautiful cake, and Malory led some fun games. Charlee made out with some great gifts. She is already spoiled and is going to be a beautifully dressed little girl!

Dessert table!
The great part of this week was spending time with Katie again. It was so nice to see her in person instead of on Skype with the worst internet connection ever because she was in the Gambia. We went to South Carolina BBQ on Thursday, I took them on a tour of Charleston on Friday, and we went to dinner tonight. I'm just happy I won't have to wait a whole year to hang out with her again!

On a personal note, I've been handling the stress of the week pretty well. I had a few hours throughout the week when I wasn't feeling well, but it's passed quickly. I did take a bit of a tumble in the Publix parking lot on Friday night, however. It was raining and my foot slipped on the painted concrete. The world went into slow motion and I somehow twisted so I wouldn't land on my belly but instead landed on my knee. Luckily Charlee and I both made out ok!

25 week 6 days
In peanut related news: 99 days and counting down! Her lungs and brain are much more developed and can detect things like light and dark via her optic nerve. She can also hear noises outside of my belly (which I experienced when Eric popped a balloon this morning)! This week she will grow to 14 inches, or the size of a hothouse cucumber, and about 1.75 lbs.

Current cravings: chocolate, ice cream, beef

Current aversions: uncooked tomatoes and onions

No comments:

Post a Comment