Sunday, October 21, 2012

Peanut Tracker: Week 38 Update- About to Pop!

It's finally here: the final week before Charlee's due date!!!

And I have never felt so huge, swollen, tired, and anxious...

I feel like I've been waiting forever to meet this little girl. And the past week has been the longest week ever. Hours feel like days. And I'm beginning to doubt that she will ever make her debut. 

We had our 38 week appointment on Monday afternoon. My weight gain was good, but my blood pressure was elevated for the first time all pregnancy. It wasn't high enough to send me to the hospital, but it is something the doctor wants to keep an eye on. Charlee is now measuring 2 weeks ahead and the doctor is a little concerned that she's going to be "a big baby." Great. Just as my labor and delivery fears were weaning, I'm told my baby is big. As a result I've been having dreams about delivering ridiculous sized babies all week (like 20 lbs and setting records). I was dilated 2 cm and 90% effaced, so the doctor thought I might deliver over the course of the week. She was wrong! So, we have another appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning. They are going to complete an ultrasound to estimate her size (which is something they typical don't do) and based on that information and my blood pressure they might schedule an induction. I really don't want to be induced, but if it's what is best for the baby and I, I will do it. 

So, I've spent every day this week trying to urge this kid out. We've tried almost all of the old wives tales. I've been nesting and cleaning like crazy and have gotten to the point where I just can't clean anymore. I go for walks 2-3 times a day and try to get out and walk around stores everyday just so I'm moving. Eric and I got hot wings, ate pineapple, and bought an exercise ball so I can bounce gently on it. Nothing is working. She must be stubborn like her daddy! 

Tutu and headpiece
Aside from trying to coax the peanut out, I've stayed pretty busy this week. I finally finished her tutu and headband for her newborn pictures. On Thursday I caught Eric nesting. He cleaned his desk, put a bunch of stuff away, moved the furniture in the nursery and put out the bed for when my mom comes to help, brought the high chair downstairs, and took out the garbage without me asking. I've mostly spent this week trying to evade boredom by stalking the pregnant giraffe, Autumn, at the Greenville zoo on their EarthCam. 

38 weeks 6 days
At this point in the pregnancy, the peanut should be about 20 inches long and about 7.25 lbs (the size of a mini watermelon). She is continuing to build fat, lose the vernix and lanugo off of her skin, and is continuing to develop her brain and nervous system. 

Current cravings: beef, chocolate, peanut butter, rubber
Current aversions: uncooked tomatoes and onions

No comments:

Post a Comment