Sunday, April 15, 2012

Announcement: Eric & Amanda Are Having A Baby!

We're pregnant! 


When the strip turned blue it was definitely a surprise to both of us! However, we decided that this is a blessing because we love each other and we were headed down the path toward joint parenthood eventually...we just jumped forward a few years!


Eric said he had a feeling there was a baby on board and went out to buy a home test for me because he didn't want to wait until my doctor's appointment the next week. I had already taken 3 tests since January and all 3 had come back negative. Turns out they were wrong! 


Eric has been wonderful, supportive, and very excited. I couldn't ask for a better father-to-be and companion and I can't imagine sharing this with anyone else. He has been my support system through weeks of terrible morning sickness, doctors appointments, and daily anxiety (which I'm told most first time mothers have).


Baby Widener: 11 weeks, 3 days
We can't wait to meet our little peanut! We had our first ultrasound this past Thursday and discovered the due date, saw the heartbeat, and got our first glimpse of baby Widener. It was the most amazing day of my life! Eric was there the whole time holding my hand. We have only seen our peanut from the back, but the doctor says everything looks great so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment