Sunday, April 22, 2012

Peanut Tracker: Week 12 Recap -Ready for the Second Trimester

Another week down and looking forward to the second trimester that everyone keeps telling me about! I've been really sick this week and required another unexpected trip to the doctor's office to be treated for nausea and dehydration. 


The silver lining was that Eric and I were able to hear the peanuts heartbeat for the first time. It was amazing and it brought me to tears (that may have been the hormones). The nurse was laughing while trying to find the heartbeat because baby Widener (now the size of a plum) is so active it was like "playing hide and seek". Eventually she found the beat and it was a strong 159 bmp!


I am officially HUGE and I am terrified of what I will look like in a few more months. However, I have decided that I LOVE maternity clothes and don't know how I will ever go back to regular, uncomfortable clothes! 


I have also started having back pain and trouble sleeping. My friend Lauren suggested a specific pregnancy pillow. Even though it looks like it's going to take up most of the bed, Eric bought it for me. He really is the best daddy-to-be ever! 


In even better news, my best friend announced that her due date was changed and she is now due the day before me! These best friends really do everything together! Eric and I also came out to the Facebook world yesterday and feel so blessed for all of the support and excitement over our peanut. 


12 weeks, 5 days
I have lost another 2 lbs this week for a total 11 lbs of weight loss. However, the doctor says that baby is doing well and that we shouldn't worry about the weight loss at this point. Current cravings: mint chocolate chip ice cream, popsickles, ribs, chicken wings, burgers, melted peanut butter. Current aversions: onions, eggs, milk, salad, pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment