Thursday, April 26, 2012

We Have A Thumb Sucker On Our Hands!

Today is the first day in weeks that I've felt normal (which might be credited to my amazing new pregnancy pillow). And it's fitting because we had our first trimester screening this afternoon. 


As scary as that was, seeing our little peanut again brought me so much joy! The peanut was moving all around and making it really difficult for the technician to get a good neck measurement. However, she was able to get two and said that everything looked normal. We still have to wait a week for blood test results, but I feel much better after hearing everything looks okay.


I also learned that when I lay on my left side, the peanut sits on its head. Now I feel bad, because that's how I sleep most nights! The peanut was moving around in all kinds of crazy positions that made me think it takes after mommy and might be a dancer!


Curled up profile

Dancing legs

Leg and arm

Predator face

Profile 

Spine development

Thumb sucking
The picture of the baby's face looks like an alien and Eric called it a predator. I hate to say it, but I agree! I'm sure baby Widener will get cute soon! After a wave from the peanut and a few other pictures, my favorite moment was catching the peanut trying to suck its thumb. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen! The heartbeat was back down to 154, but it's still nice and strong. Now to wait out the results...

No comments:

Post a Comment