Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I Am NOT Crazy!

It finally happened! I felt the peanut kick last night!

I was home and desperately trying to wake up Eric so he would make it to work on time. He is an impossible person to wake up (which makes me nervous for school mornings when the peanut is a teenager), so at one point I just gave up and laid there.

After a few minutes, I felt the strangest sensation. It was like a cross between butterflies in my belly and a muscle twitch. It was the oddest, most unique feeling I've ever had. I've never felt anything like it, so I know it was definitely not gas or anything like that. I looked at Eric and said "I think I just felt the baby kick!" And he grunted as if saying, "Yeah, right." So I continued to lay there silently, thinking I was just imagining it. I rolled over, onto my back, and I felt it again. "I definitely felt the baby kick." Eric put his hand on my belly for a few minutes and nothing happened, "You're crazy."

After talking to several experienced mommies, they confirmed that what I felt was a kick! It finally happened. Now I want it to happen again! However, the baby is still only the size of an onion, so I know the kicks will be faint for a little while longer. I just wish Eric could feel it too. But he will have to wait until the peanut is a little stronger.


2 comments: