Friday, May 18, 2012

Little (Emotional) Moments

Today was amazing.

I haven't felt the baby kick yet, but I know it's coming. I just hope it happens soon. But what made the day amazing was when I looked at my reflection and noticed how much bigger my belly has gotten this week, Eric put his hands on my belly and kissed our baby. It was the first time he's kissed my belly since we first found out we are going to be parents. It reminded me yet again why he is going to make an amazing father. I know that life will be tough at times, but I wouldn't want to take this journey with anyone else. 

There isn't much more going on in the world of baby. I had a little bit of a scare last night when I had a problem with food poisoning (thanks to the wonderful caterers my company hired for Employee Appreciation Day...I don't feel very appreciated). I was worried whatever I ate would cause problems with baby. The doctor said the only concern would be if I got dehydrated, which luckily, did not become an issue. 

Now begins the official countdown to the gender identification...7 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment