Sunday, May 13, 2012

Peanut Tracker: Mother's Day and Week 15 Recap

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommy's and mommy-to-be's out there!

Eric and I celebrated Mother's Day by visiting his wonderful momma in his home town. We had a great time with his family. His brother and sister-in-law brought their adorable new baby, so there was a lot of cooing and cuddling going on all day! We had a delicious meal, shared some laughs, and then drove back late last night. The only thing that would have made the weekend better would have been if I could have seen my mom. But she'll be here to visit soon!

I can't believe that I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow! Time is flying by and I'm glad that I'm writing down notes on my entire pregnancy or I would never remember it! I am actually starting to feel better for longer periods and if I do get sick, I recover a lot sooner then before. Hopefully that means I will be feeling wonderful just in time to start enjoying kicks from the peanut and shopping for the nursery!

We scheduled a gender identification ultrasound for Friday, May 25. My mother and stepfather will be in town, so we invited them and Eric's parents to the appointment. It will be the first time our parents meet, but I think it will be better for everyone to meet this way versus meeting in the waiting room. I'm sure everything will go swimmingly, especially since all of the focus will be on baby. 

15 weeks, 6 days
As my sickness dissipates, my eating habits are finally getting better. I am trying to add more fruits and veggies back into my diet where I can and can't wait until I can eat some at every meal. I finally gained a pound, so that means I'm actually keeping some things down! The peanut's hair on its head is growing in, has thin, translucent skin, blood vessels are forming, it's limbs are becoming more developed and movements more controlled, and its skeletal system is developing (explains my milk and cheese cravings this week). The peanut is about the size of an avocado at this point.  My current cravings are McDonald's fries, sweet potatoes, vinegar, peanut butter, cinnamon, drumstick ice cream. Current aversions are onions, tomatoes, pudding. 


No comments:

Post a Comment