Sunday, May 27, 2012

Peanut Tracker: Week 17 Recap: We Know the Gender!!!

I feel like we have been waiting forever, but we finally know the gender!

On Friday my mom and step father were visiting and we met up with Eric's parents at the ultrasound location for a gender identification ultrasound. I invited everyone into the room so they could watch the ultrasound and see their grandchild for the first time. The peanut looked great and I even watched it kick around and felt it at the same time, which was weird and amazing. After giving the technician a little trouble, it was announced:

It's a GIRL!!!
Cupcakes I made to celebrate with the grandparents
I was certain that it was a boy. I had dreams that it was a boy until they changed to dreams of a girl about two weeks ago. I was always drawn to boy clothes and nursery themes. But I am so happy that our peanut is a girl and that I can finally start spoiling her with clothes, toys, and other adorable things! Eric and I can also concentrate on picking a name, which should be interesting, to say the least.

We had a wonderful weekend visit with my parents and I didn't want it to end. They got into town Thursday evening and we sat around and chatted and ate pizza until after one in the morning. Friday was a busy day of getting ready for the ultrasound. I was running on less then 4 hours of sleep and was feeling pretty sick all day, but I fought through it because of all of the excitement. The best moment of the day was seeing the look on Eric's face when he called his grandmother to tell her we are having a daughter. It literally brought me to tears. After the ultrasound, we went out to dinner with Eric's parents, mom, Kirk, and Chris. Once we made it back home, we all called it an early night.

Saturday I went maternity clothing shopping with my mom because I needed a couple tops and shorts for the summer, then we met up with Kirk and Eric at Babies R Us to start looking at baby girl themes and items. We purchased a couple of outfits and got some great ideas for the registry. It will be an interesting day when Eric and I finally get the registry done! Eric grilled steak for dinner and my mom and I made strawberry shortcake to help with my strawberry cravings. We played canasta and talked about more baby stuff until bedtime.

My parents left today and I already miss them. However, they will be back for the baby shower this summer and I am already counting down the days. I feel so much better knowing the gender and am starting to enjoy my pregnancy now that I can shop and begin deciding on items that we want for the nursery.

17 weeks, 4 days
At this point, the peanut is somewhere between the size of an onion and a sweet potato. She has mastered swallowing, sucking, and blinking. This coming week her bones will begin to harden, including her inner ear, which means she will start hearing things like my heartbeat and my tummy rumbling! I am have more good days than bad as far as my sickness goes, which I am beyond excited about!

Current cravings: strawberries, chocolate ice cream, burgers
Current aversions: onions, tomatoes




No comments:

Post a Comment